PROJECT NAME: Inclusion&Solidarity in action
HOST ORGANIZATION: Stranaidea SCS Impresa Sociale
PERIOD: 12 months from April 2024
WHERE: Turin – Cirié, Italy
Stranaidea offers services to different types of users who need it. We are looking for two volunteers in one of the following areas:
- DISABILITY: with children, teenagers and adults with mental disabilities in day centers that do artistic, sports, musical, theatrical workshops, craft production and outdoor activities in the local area;
- CHILDREN: with teenagers and children with social disadvantage and mental problems.
- HOMELESS and ADULTS IN DIFFICULTY: daily activities with a small group of homeless people such as gardening, cooking, painting, bike repair and carpentry in our dorms
- REFUGEES: provide services to support their basic needs
- SOCIAL and COMMUNITY THEATER: with disabled people inside and outside Stranaidea and with local community groups;
- ESC promotion and communication campaign + awareness about recycling.
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
The volunteers will learn by doing all the services, obtaining from tutors and workers practical knowledge about the users, their characteristics, capacities and needs; they will observe our work and educational methods. They will be part of a group of volunteers with whom they will meet once a week with the mentor who proposes training activities to share their own experiences and carry out activities on different topics such as communication, conflict management, intercultural education and resolution of problems For more information, applicants can write to email@example.com
The candidate must be motivated to acquire experience in the social field. During the service period, the volunteers will develop a personal project also expressing their preferences among the proposed areas. Profile: Be motivated to establish a positive human relationship with our users, open-minded and flexible to changes. Be active, curious and willing to bring your own European culture to the users. Available for any period and seriousness to make this commitment.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT
- Accommodation: a large flat with 4 double rooms and a single room, a kitchen, a living room, 3 bathrooms and a large balcony + attic with 2 double rooms, a living room, a kitchen and a bathroom.
- Coverage of travel expenses to and from Italy
- Eating an average of €170 per month (€5.50 per day)
- Monthly public transport card
- An average monthly payment of €180 per month (€6 per day)
- Insurance coverage
- Online Italian course established by the ESC Program
- Extra language support on arrival
What to do to participate?
1) Prepare a personalized letter of motivation for the project in English (or in the official language of the destination country);
2) Prepare your resume in English (or in the official language of the country of destination);
3) Send both documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the title of the project in which you would like to participate.
The FCV will send all applications to the host organization, which will make the final selection of the volunteer(s).
For more information about the project you can send an email to: email@example.com