European Voluntary Service
Live the Voluntary Service in Europe
The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is an action of the European Commission’s Erasmus+ program. Its goal is to promote the mobility and exchanges of young people between 17 and 30 years of age. It aims at offering them the opportunity of knowing new ways of living, new cultures, languages and training through non-formal learning in another non-profit organization in another country, generally in Europe.
The projects can last from a minimum of 2 weeks up to a maximum of 12 months.
There are a lot of projects regarding various subject areas: art, culture, environment, youth, elderly people, sports, leisure activities and communications, among many others.
Profile of the volunteer:
- Between 17 and 30 years of age
- Legally reside in a EU country
- Be interested in living an experience of social engagement and non-formal learning
- Be interested in your personal development, as well as others’
- Be ready to actively participate in the realization of the project
- Be collaborative, active and supportive
- Not having done another previous EVS
The European Commission finances the expenses for the travel, the accommodation, the provision, the pocket money, the local transport, the classes for the official language of the country and for the health insurance, throughout the whole length of the project. The volunteers can rely on the help of both the sending and the receiving institution before, during and after the project.
Useful resources:EVS Charter
Would you like to have FCV as your sending organization? Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
Do you still have doubts? Discover our FAQs!