Fundació Catalunya Voluntària Foundation is a partner and promoter institution of the 2-year project (2019-2020) Through the Lens of the Other, which is led by the entity Inter Alia from Greece. The program includes the participation of 12 entities and institutions besides Greece, Italy, Malta, Turkey, Germany, Sweden, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, and the United Kingdom.
From January 17 to 20 2019 it took place in Berlin the first meeting of the representatives of the partner institutions with the aim to establish the bases and strategies of joint action so thus start the project.
Through the Lens of the Other will include different international meetings, specifically, a training course in Romania, two youth exchanges – one in Malta and the other one in Hungary, a sample of videos documentaries in Greece and a final evaluation meeting of the project in Turkey. Furthermore, each entity will elaborate a part of the work at local scale. In this way, a working group will be created in Barcelona and different events will be organized.
The program aims to explore new ways to understand and address discrimination in Europe through research on different minorities and marginalized groups, employing the concepts of intersectionality and system of oppression.
What is the current situation in Barcelona? Which are the minorities and groups marginalized who suffer more oppressions? How are you receiving these oppressions?
Some of the objectives of the project are the following:
– To promote positive attitudes towards discriminated groups;
– To reduce prejudices and promote social integration, thus promoting the inclusion of marginalized people;
– To promote diversity and empathy.
– To promote integration and cohesion among the member states of the EU in the area of rights and freedoms.
– Developing diverse skills and competences of youth, both workers and non-youth organizations;
– Offering free access educational material regarding the intersection so to combat discrimination;
– Using original media creation in an awareness campaign against discrimination;
– Involving marginalized groups in civic actions and a participatory process of cocreation;
If you want to know more details of the project or what you have to do to participate and be part of the local working group, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Lorena)
The project is financed by the Erasmus+ program of the European Commission.